About Envision Academy High School
Envision Academy of Arts and Technology (EA) is a tuition-free public charter high school (grades 9-12) in Oakland, dedicated to transforming students’ lives by preparing them for success in college and in life. Envision Academy offers students a rigorous academic experience and a diverse, compassionate community in which to grow. Our students are inspired and empowered to be leaders in their high school education and their communities.
Envision Academy At A Glance
- Public charter school
- Grades 9-12
- Located in Downtown Oakland
- College Prep Classes for All Students
- Project Based Learning
- Arts and Technology Integrated into Curriculum
- Thriving Sports and Extracurricular Program
- Student population: 350
- Average Class Size: 28
- Staff to student ratio: 12:1
- Accreditation: Envision Academy is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In 2010, the school received a 6 year accreditation renewal – the maximum term awarded by WASC. In 2011, Envision Academy’s charter was renewed by the Alameda County of Education for the maximum term of 5 years.
- Schedule: Envision Academy operates on a rotating block schedule. Classes begin promptly at 8:30 every morning. Students are released at 3:35 every day except Wednesday, which is a minimum day and students are released at 1:00 to allow teachers time for professional development.
- Closed campus policy: Students may not leave campus during the school day without the permission of a parent or guardian. 11th and 12th grade students may earn off-campus lunch privileges daily. 10th grade students may earn off-campus lunch privileges weekly. 9th grade students do not have off-campus lunch privileges.